Christianus Quintus V and Fredericus Quartus IV disease and starvation claimed the lives of 135 Africans. More than 1200 nautical miles off course to their planned destination, finally landing at ‘Punta Carreto’ modern day Cahuita, Costa Rica, on 2 March 1710.
The Sinclair Oil Company presence, 1910-1940 Oil drills hike in Cahuita National Park.
- 8:00 AM Pick Up in Puerto Limón
- Brief stop at the Banana Plantation on the way to Cahuita
- 9:00 AM Snorkeling Session at the Shipwreck Sites
- Interpretational Hike in Cahuita National Park and 1910-1940 Sinclair Oil Drill Path
- 1:30 PM Lunch, Entrance to Sloth Sanctuary Center
- Drop off depending on Cruise Ship departure time in Puerto Limón
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Puerto Limón|
|DURATION||Flexible timing depending on Cruise Ship|
|WHAT TO BRING